We will be offering a 4 week summer clinic for players entering grades 3-8 starting on Monday Aug 10. The clinic will be an hour long and limited in how many players we can accomidate. The clinic will costs $20. We will be following all guidlines and protocals re:covid from the State, Mass Youth Soccer and the Leominster Board of Health. No players will be allowed to participate without being registered.
The clinic will be offered on Monday and Wednesday but please only sign up for one day per player.
Entering 3rd/4th grade Monday or Wed 5:30-6:30
Entering 5th/6th grade: Monday or Wed 5:30-6:30
Entering 7th/8th grade: Monday or Wed 7-8pm
Dear Leominster Youth Soccer Families –
As we prepare for the return to Soccer beginning on August 10, 2020 we want to take a moment to explain some changes in procedures prior to the beginning of the Summer Session.
1. Release – Each individual who enters upon the grounds utilized by Leominster Youth Soccer will need to sign a Release. This included all Players, Coaches, Volunteers, and spectators regardless of your level of participation. IF YOU REFUSE TO SIGN THE RELEASE YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS. Parents/Guardians are expected to sign the Release on behalf of each Player/child under the age of 18. The Releases are attached to this email and are also available for download off the LYS website. We will have printed copies of the Release available
at the field, but to speed up the entry process, we ask that you please print and sign the Release prior to arrival at the field.
2. Be Responsible – If you, or your Player, has a fever or other signs of a possible illness please do not come to any practice, scrimmage or game.
LYS reserves the right to ask any individual who appears ill to leave the LYS grounds.
3. Attendance – LYS will take attendance for each practice, scrimmage, or game. This is necessary for contact tracing. Please be sure to sign in each time you enter upon the LYS grounds. If there is a COVID contact, all teams and individuals who had contact with the infected
individual be suspended from play for 14 days. For example, if the Blue team plays the Red team on Monday and a player or coach from the Blue team tests COVID positive two days later, both the Blue team and the Red team will be suspended from play for 14 days to allow a
quarantine period. Other teams who were not in contact with the Blue team or Red team will not have any suspension in activities.
Please note, if there is a COVID contact, LYS will take efforts to contact all individuals who camein contact with the infected individual, but LYS will not identify the infected individual.
4. Masks – NO INDIVIDUALS WILL BE ALLOWED UPON THE LYS GROUNDS WITHOUT A FACE MASK (unless under the age of 2). Players will be allowed to remove their masks when on the field engaging in play, but must wear masks while not on the field.
Players may wear masks while at play; however, any mask being worn while in play cannot be looped around the players neck or head. Only masks attached around the ears will be allowed during play.
5. Social Distancing – To help maintain social distancing while on LYS grounds, LYS will have designated entrances, exits and one direction walk-ways. In addition, spectator areas will be designated to keep distance between the players and spectators. Please follow all signage while
upon LYS grounds.
6. 25 Person Limit – LYS will be held to a strict 25 per person limited upon each field for each session. The 25 person count includes all Players, Coaches, Volunteers, Officials/Referees, and Board Members. LYS reserves the right to limit the number of individuals on the field for each
session to maintain these limits. No Spectators will be allowed on the field.
7. 100 Person Limit – LYS will be held to a strict 100 person limit upon grounds for each session. The 100 person count includes all Players, Coaches, Volunteers, Officials/Referees, Spectators, and Board Members. Please limit one spectator per Player. LYS reserves the right to limit the
number of Spectators for each session to maintain these limits.
8. Strict Time Frames – LYS has staggered the sessions to limit the number of individuals on the fields and grounds at any time. We ask that Players, Coaches, Volunteers and Spectators only appear during their designated session times to allow us to operate within the set limits. We
reserve the right to limit the number of Spectators for each session to maintain these limits.
9. Drop-off – Dropping off Players for their scheduled session is allowed. However, we ask that you please wait for your Player to be checked in for each session before leaving. We will confirm each Player has a Release on file, a face mask, and equipment before you drive-off.
10. Pick-up – As previously mentioned, we have strict limits on the number of people allowed on the grounds at a time. It is important that you promptly pick up your Player from their scheduled session to assist us in staying within the limits.
11. Car Pooling – Car pooling is strongly discouraged.
12. Equipment – As with prior seasons, each Player needs to bring the following items with them to each practice/skills session/scrimmage – ball, water bottle, cleats, shin guards, a light shirt and adark shirt (to avoid the use of pennies). In addition, each player will also need to bring a face
mask and hand sanitizer.
13. No Porta-Potties – Unfortunately we are unable to have Porta-Potties. Please plan accordingly.
14. No Unscheduled Activities – All practices, scrimmages, and games must be pre-scheduled with LYS. Pick-up games or practices on LYS grounds are not allowed.
15. Registration Fee – The Registration Fee for this abbreviated summer session is $20.00 per Player. LYS has planned to offer 4 scrimmages per team during this summer session. No refund will be given if any team (or individual) is unable to participate in 4 scrimmages regardless of the
16. Prior Registration Rollovers – If you rolled over your Player’s registration fee from the Spring 2020 season the registration fee will not be applied to this abbreviated summer session. The Rollover will be reserved for our next regular season.
17. Guidelines – LYS was required to submit guidelines to the City of Leominster concerning our plan to operate this session. If you would like to review the guidelines submitted please visit the LYS website at www.LeominsterYouthSoccer.org
18. Board Members – Board Members will be present at each session to assist with enforcing guidelines, maintaining the per person limits and answering any questions.
19. Patience – We ask for your patience as we navigate the return to soccer this summer. This is the first time the Board of Directors, Coaches, and Volunteers have organized a session under strict guidelines from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the City of Leominster, Massachusetts Youth Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation,
Leominster Youth Soccer Board of Directors
The full waiver is posted on our website under About LYS:Covid policy.